Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cleaning


Some day I will get everything done...NOT! Oh well, live goes on. Since I have no kids at home, you'd think I could get things done on my list.

Well, my list keeps getting longer and checked off items do not keep up with what I add to the list. However, we did get all the carpets cleaned...and that led to the paneled walls needed to be cleaned and oiled...well, you must wipe down all the walls and ceilings, and light fixtures, and picture frames, and re-arrange them since they are all down...and the mirror that has been beside the dresser for 4 years gets mounted, and the curtains need to be cleaned---cause everything else is clean...and finally get the boxes put up and since the file cabinet drawers are sitting on the kitchen table waiting for the carpet to dry, you might as well go thru them and bag up 1/2 of what is in them, which leads you to another box, then another box. After all is done, I had 2 big black bags of trash, thinner files, organized boxes, and alot of memories smiled at and a cleaner house. I still am finishing the kitchen cupboards and the last hem in the new curtains in the living room. By the way, oiling the paneled walls came about because I have just acquired my Grandmother's upright grand piano and it needed to be lemon oiled and the cloth still had some oil in it...

Yes, it is still winter, so why clean the carpets...well, I cannot work out in the muddy yard, I have no kids at home, Virgil takes off his shoes at the door and there is no holiday coming up and the carpets needed it. I bring more dirt into the house when I work out side---March thru November. I know, I am not normal...so what's new???

1 comment:

thebush3 said...

I have started a list of all the cleaning that I need to do to move out - luckily they just changed their cleaning guidelines and it is now easier, but still it is cleaning, I am trying to get myself to start today since it is raining - I am doing a bad job of it - I guess I will have to try harder to convince myself.